Monday, November 11, 2013

Teaching with short films

My assignment today was to create a brief photo story that could be used to teach something in my future classroom. I am a huge proponent of grammar and an even larger proponent of  corgis so I made a video that combined the two in a slightly bizarre yet wonderful way using the glory that is stupeflix.
The video follows:

I found that stupeflix was incredibly easy to use and once I had picked out the right format for me, it took a matter of minutes to upload and arrange everything the way that I wanted it for my mini grammar presentation. Even the upload to YouTube went fast! My only problem with the site is that you have to pay for a subscription beyond your one free upload and I missed an 'r' on a slide with "they're" so I wanted to change it but could not. I must have watched the video through ten times but apparently I was not meant to catch my error but instead learn the hard way.

I am very pleased with this video and program otherwise (I even proudly made my boyfriend and best friend watch it before I realized there was an error) and I think that it is an incredible tool once a monthly subscription fee has been forked over. I often want to use little videos for clarification when teaching but sometimes what I am able to find on the internet doesn't match exactly what I need. This tool will allow me to create videos about whatever I like using pictures of whatever I want (today corgis, tomorrow cake, then who knows?) and I like how much personalization I can add. The program is simple (so as not to be overwhelming) and convenient. Furthermore, I love that I can share these videos with some skillful titling and tagging to the entire YouTube community if I please so that other teachers can use what I have made as well!

1 comment: